India wicketkeeper batter Wriddhiman Saha has come out all guns blazing after being dropped from the Indian team for the two-match Test series against Sri Lanka, starting on March 4.
Upset with the BCCI’s decision to tell him that he will not be considered by the selection committee while deciding on Team India’s Test cricket squad, Wriddhiman Saha has revealed some major information about a tough discussion that he had with the Indian head coach, Rahul Dravid. and BCCI President Sourav Ganguly.
Veteran wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha on Saturday revealed that the team management led by head coach Rahul Dravid had asked him to think about retirement as he would no longer be considered for selection. According to media reports, Wriddhiman Saha withdrew from the Ranji Trophy because this wicket-keeper batsman was told that he would not be selected in the Indian team.
Wriddhiman Saha told reporters on Saturday, ‘The team management told me that now my name will not be considered. I could not tell this till I was part of the Indian team. Even coach Rahul Dravid suggested that I consider retiring.
Wriddhiman Saha also targeted BCCI President Sourav Ganguly. The wicket-keeper batsman claimed that Sourav Ganguly had assured that he should not worry about his place in the team.
Saha said, ‘When I scored an unbeaten 61 while taking a pain killer in the first Test against New Zealand in Kanpur last November, Dada (Sourav Ganguly) congratulated me on WhatsApp. He even said that as long as he is in the top post of BCCI, I should not worry about anything. This kind of message from the Board President really boosted my confidence. But I fail to understand why everything changed so fast.
Apart from Saha, Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara and Ishant Sharma have also not found a place for the Test series against Sri Lanka. Pujara and Rahane have been out of form for quite some time. On the other hand, Ishant Sharma appeared far away from his old form last year.