Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya failed to save his seat amid the best performance of the Bharatiya Janata Party in Uttar Pradesh. Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya had to face defeat at the hands of Dr. Pallavi Patel of Samajwadi Party in Sirathu assembly seat. In a tough contest that lasted till the end, Patel defeated Maurya by 7337 votes.
Like many other seats, the Sirathu seat of UP was also in the headlines. The reason is that from here the deputy CM of the state Keshav Prasad Maurya was in the field. Keshav Maurya is one of the two deputy CMs in UP. Polling was held on February 27 in Sirathu seat of Kaushambi district. This entire area is Dalit and OBC constituency. So, the parties calculated their votes accordingly and field their candidates.
The Samajwadi Party fielded a candidate who could capture Patel’s (Kurmi) votes. The party stamped the name of Pallavi Patel. In fact, the Sirathu assembly seat makes a cocktail of Yadav, Muslim, Patel and Pal communities. If Yadav and Muslim have been of Samajwadi Party, then BJP has been getting the support of Pal and Patel.
Who is Pallavi Patel?
In the politics of Uttar Pradesh, the politics of Keshav Prasad Maurya has been that of a clean and cheerful leader. It is said about him that he also listens to complaints in the ‘Janata Darbar’. No complainant returns unheard. This is the reason why Maurya grabs a large share of votes with little effort from the beginning.
- Pallavi Patel is the daughter of veteran leader Sonelal Patel. Pallavi has been a student of Science.
- He has completed his doctorate in Vegetable and Fruit Fungus. She is the elder sister of Anupriya Patel.
- Pallavi Patel became active in politics in 2009 after the death of her father Sone Lal Patel.
- After the death of his father, his mother became the president of the party. Anupriya Patel took over the responsibility of National General Secretary.
- In 2014, Krishna Patel made Pallavi the vice-president of the party. Anupriya opposed this, when the matter reached the Election Commission in 2016, the party split into two factions.
- On one hand where Anupriya Patel, Apna Dal (Sonelal) is contesting the elections in alliance with BJP.
- On the other hand, Pallavi is making an alliance with Apna Dal (Communist) and SP in the UP assembly elections.
- Pallavi is the acting president of Apna Dal Kameravadi. Pallavi’s husband Pankaj Niranjan Patel is also active in the party.
- In 2019, Pallavi’s party had an alliance with the Congress. Congress has given ticket to her husband Pankaj Patel from Phulpur. He was at number three after BJP and SP candidates.