A new change has been made in the new travel rules in UK amid increasing cases of corona virus. Fully vaccinated Indians will not be considered vaccinated in the United Kingdom, and will have to undergo a 10-day quarantine.
According to the new travel rules of the United Kingdom, even fully vaccinated Indians will not be considered vaccinated and will have to undergo isolation for 10 days.
Reacting to the new rules, Congress leader Jairam Ramesh said, “Absolutely bizarre considering Covishield was originally developed in the UK and The Serum Institute, Pune has supplied to that country too! This smacks of racism.”
The UK government has said that if a person has been vaccinated in Africa, or South America, or countries including the United Arab Emirates, India, Turkey, Jordan, Thailand, Russia, they are considered non-vaccinated and will have to quarantine rules.
This has to be done after arriving in England
- Quarantine at home or where you are staying for 10 days
- Get tested for Kovid-19 on or before the second day and on or after the eighth day
Get tested before departure
- Take covid-19 test in a day
- Quarantine after arrival in England at home or where you are staying for 10 days
- Book and pay for 2 a day COVID-19 tests on arrival in England
- Fill out your Passenger Locator Form at any time in the 48 hours prior to arrival in England
- Get tested for Covid-19 on or before the second day after reaching England
- UK travel rules divided countries into three distinct categories – Greens, Embers and Reds. India came under the amber category.
According to the new change in the rules, there will be only one category – Red and travel rules coming from other countries. The rules will depend on the vaccination status of persons traveling to the UK. The UK government website said, “From 4 a.m. on Monday 4 October 2021, the rules for international travel to England will change from a red, amber, green traffic light system to a single Red List of countries and the rest of the world for travel for arrivals.” There will be simple measures. The rules for travel to and from countries and regions that are not on the red list will depend on your vaccination status.”