Rohit Sharma Birthday: Indian cricket team captain Rohit Sharma has turned 35 on Saturday (April 30). For Hitman Rohit, this birthday has been mixed in terms of happiness. It is a matter of happiness that he is celebrating this birthday as the captain of Team India. While it is a matter of disappointment that the Mumbai Indians (MI) team under his captaincy in IPL has not been able to open the account of victory so far.
The Mumbai team has played 8 matches so far and they have to face defeat in all. Rohit has won the IPL title for the Mumbai team the most 5 times under his own captaincy, but this time his team is almost out of the race for the playoffs. Now the chances of reaching the playoffs are very less.
Rohit was born on 30 April 1987 in Nagpur (Maharashtra). Due to the low income of the family, Rohit Sharma was raised by his grandparents in Borivili. He also has a brother- Vishal Sharma. With the money of one of his uncles, Rohit took entry in the Cricket Academy in 1999. Where he met coach Dinesh Lad and under his guidance, Rohit reached here today.
Some of the achievements of Rohit Sharma:
- Rohit Sharma holds the world record for the highest individual score in an ODI. He scored 264 against Sri Lanka in that match.
- He is the only cricketer who has scored three double centuries in ODI cricket.
- In January 2020, Rohit Sharma was awarded the ICC ODI Player of the Year Award.
- Rohit Sharma scored 5 centuries in the ICC World Cup 2019. He is the only player to score so many centuries in any World Cup edition.
- In the year 2019, while making his Test debut against South Africa, he scored two centuries. It is not easy to score double hundreds in both the innings of his first match.
- In the same series, Rohit Sharma made the record for hitting most sixes in a Test series. He broke West Indies’ Shimron Hetmyer’s record. Rohit had hit 15 sixes in this series.
- Rohit Sharma scored the most runs in an innings with sixes and fours. During his biggest ODI innings, he scored 186 runs through boundaries.
- Rohit Sharma is at third place in the list of highest run scorers in IPL. He has scored 5764 runs. Whereas Shikhar Dhawan has 6086 runs above him and Virat Kohli at the top has 6411 runs.
- He is the only captain under whose leadership Mumbai Indians became champions so many times. Mumbai Indians is the most successful IPL team with 5 titles.
- Rohit Sharma has been honored with two big honors of the country – Arjuna Award and Khel Ratma Award.