Big blow to Kangana Ranaut as court rejects her plea seeking transfer of Javed Akhtar defamation case

A Mumbai court on Thursday dealt a blow to Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut in the defamation case of famous lyricist and poet and screenwriter Javed Akhtar.

According to the news of Live Law, the court has rejected actress Kangana Ranaut’s demand for change of magistrate. Ranaut had demanded change of magistrate in this case. Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate ST Dande passed the order.

Also read: Court warns Kangana Ranaut of an arrest warrant if she fails to appear on Sept 20 in Javed Akhtar defamation case

Let us tell you that Kangana’s lawyer Rizwan Siddiqui had accused Magistrate Khan of favoritism and said that the actress has lost faith in this court. After Kangana did not appear before the court on several occasions, Metropolitan Magistrate RR Khan had said that he would issue an arrest warrant against her.

Akhtar had filed a complaint against Ranaut before the Andheri Metropolitan Magistrate in November last year for allegedly making defamatory remarks and making baseless allegations during an interview with Republic TV founder Arnab Goswami.

The court, in December 2020, directed the Juhu police to investigate Akhtar’s complaint against Ranaut and then initiate criminal proceedings against him. Summons were issued against the actress in February this year.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.